The New Home of The Brewster Historical Society
The Captain Elijah Cobb House, 739 Lower Road, Brewster
[Click on photo for an "as we found it" slideshow]
YES! After a year of planning (involving architects, builders, town leaders, public safety officials, planning boards, community members, foundation boards and fundraising mailings) we passed papers and took ownership of the 1799 Captain Elijah Cobb House on Lower Road on February 17th 2015! And, we are well on our way with the renovations and adaptations that will allow us to open the home as our museum in 2016. More than 900 residents and businesses have supported this project to date with gifts from $25 to $10,000 – and many have made multiple gifts. This is a remarkable demonstration of support and a wonderful example of how a town has come together for a common cause.
The dream is now a reality, but there is more to do. We’re into the final push. Join us! Read More >>
The Brewster Historical Society, established in 1964, collects and preserves the artifacts and history of Brewster to ensure their future accessibility.
Its main building houses four permanent galleries, a special exhibition gallery and an extensive documents research area accessible by appointment.
The Society also maintains a restored 18th century windmill and house and a blacksmith shop at Windmill Village adjacent Drummer Boy Park.
Our Business Partners
For more information on Business Partnerships, please call Bill Roberts at 508-896-3809 or email email@example.com
Click on a logo to visit their website (if available).