The New Home of The Brewster Historical Society

                                                                       [Click on photo for slide show]

                                                                       [Click on photo for slide show]


The Captain Elijah Cobb House, 739 Lower Road, Brewster

First came a year of planning, followed by a year of fund-raising, culminating in over a year of hard work by skilled craftsmen and volunteers to bring us to the August 17, 2016 opening of the Captain Elijah Cobb House! More than 1000 residents and businesses have supported this project to date with gifts from $25 to $100,000 – and many have made multiple gifts. This is a remarkable demonstration of support and a wonderful example of how a town has come together for a common cause.  Thank you all.

We are also deeply grateful for the $350,000 Community Preservation Act grant approved at the 2014 Town Meeting to be applied to the purchase and the additional $100,000 approved in 2015 to be applied toward the renovation. The Massachusetts Cultural Council Facilities Fund, a program of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, administered through a collaborative arrangement between MassDevelopment and the Massachusetts Cultural Council, provided a matching grant in the amount of $150,000.  Our heartfelt thanks for additional grants from the Ruth N. and Mary Louise Eddy Foundation, the Jennison Charitable Foundation, the Bilezikian Family Foundation, the Cape Cod Five Foundation, the Edward Bangs Kelley and Elza Kelley Foundation, the JBS Foundation, the DAR Cape Cod Chapter, and the Brewster Chamber of Commerce.

Please stop by soon to see the results of a wonderful community effort.


The Brewster Historical Society, established in 1964, collects and preserves the artifacts and history of Brewster to ensure their future accessibility.
The restored circa 1799 Cobb House Museum holds four permanent galleries and an extensive documents research area accessible by appointment. The Society also maintains a restored 18th century windmill and house and a blacksmith shop at Windmill Village adjacent Drummer Boy Park.


Our Business Partners

For more information on Business Partnerships, please call Bill Roberts at 508-896-3809 or email

Click on a logo to visit their website (if available).